Giving Circles allow a group of like-minded donors to pool their resources in order to make high impact grants to organizations working in fields they care most about.
Brooklyn Community Foundation hosts Giving Circles for groups of five or more donors whose collective vision aligns with that of the Foundation.
An initial contribution of at least $25,000 is required to establish a Giving Circle at the Foundation and funds may be invested to grow tax free.
The Foundation collects and acknowledges all donations to Giving Circles, offers guidance on prospective grantees, completes all required vetting of recipient organizations, and handles grant distribution. Due to the high volume of activity associated with Giving Circles, a 5% fee on all incoming donations is assessed by the Foundation.
AT A GLANCE
- Pool collective resources to increase the impact of your giving
- Initial contribution to establish a Giving Circle (minimum of $25,000)
- Make an initial contribution via stock transfer, appreciated securities, real estate, check, or credit card
- Multiple investment options
- 5% fee on all incoming donations
- All contributions are 100% tax deductible and the Foundation acknowledges all members for their contributions
- Guidance and advice from Foundation staff
- Due diligence and grants administration handled by Foundation staff
Get Started Today
Contact Sarah Shannon, Director of Philanthropy & Donor Services, at 718.480.7504 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss Fund options and obtain a copy of our Fund Agreement and Terms and Conditions.
Make an initial contribution via stock transfer, check, or credit card.