Communications Intern (Part-Time)
Brooklyn Community Foundation is seeking a communications and social media intern to join our Communications team on a part-time basis this Winter 2018.
The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, as well as dynamic writing and content development skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to web projects (writing, video, and photography), monitoring and posting to the Foundation’s blog and social networks, participating in online outreach and promotion, and optimizing our website. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with a mission-driven organization are encouraged to apply. This position reports to the Foundation’s VP of Communications and Strategy.
- Work with the Foundation’s Communications Director to create and implement campaigns
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Develop weekly and monthly content calendars
- Monitor analytics and campaign performance
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support at events
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Fluency with Photoshop, Video editing programs, HTML, Drupal and/or WordPress
How to Apply
Email cover letter and résumé to email@example.com and list “Communications Intern” in the subject line.