Seeking Reproductive Justice Activists!
Today, we are thrilled to announce our new Reproductive Justice Activists (RJA) program along with the opening of the online application for the inaugural cohort.
Through our Girls of Color Fund, we seek to center the voices and leadership of young women, non-binary youth, and allies in an effort to imagine and create a society free from all forms of reproductive oppression. Over a ten month period, Reproductive Justice Activists will work closely with our Foundation team in identifying ways for us to build a strategy around Reproductive Justice advocacy.
Activists will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the history of Reproductive Justice (RJ), current local and/or national issues, and advocacy efforts
- Connect and build relationships with the larger RJ community
- Develop their organizing and activism skills
- Receive a $1500 stipend
The ideal Reproductive Justice Activist should:
- Be a young person of color in Brooklyn between the age of 16 and 24
- Have at least two years of activism or organizing experience
- Commit to attending monthly meetings in Brooklyn
- Be passionate, self-motivated, collaborative, and committed to achieving Reproductive Justice
- Be interested in creating solutions to address the impact of reproductive oppression on young people of color
- Have a strong desire to develop leadership skills and be a part of a new generation reproductive justice activists
Online applications for our inaugural Reproductive Justice Activists must be submitted by Friday, September 8, 2017.